I had the follow-up antenatal appointment back in Consultant Care section this morning to discuss Spudly's errant placenta. I have a nice little box to pop myself into now, called Grade 1 placenta praevia. Its not serious enough to require a definate "there's no way that's coming out the normal way", but it is serious enough for me to be permanently kicked out of the Birthing Centre and kept in the High Risk area, in case I start haemorrhaging or he gets stuck or his head doesnt engage.
With the placenta at 3.3cm from the cervical opening, the head of department is happy to take a wait-and-see approach: wait for another month and see if his head starts to engage. If not, then we have another ultrasound.
For now, we have a very healthy and active Spudly who seems rather keen on getting out through my belly button. I just have to get used to the fact that despite all my plans, this birth may not be so Crunchy after all.