Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just like a jigsaw puzzle...

I love the internet!

I've just spent 3 hours online to research the relationship between the immune system and infertility, and I'm convinced I've found our problem.

Too many pieces fit together, and reading some of the articles was like reading a description of me and my medical profile. Hmmm.....auto-immune disorder, seratonin issues, increased PMS symptoms, increased tendency to panic attacks, pregnancy loss, unexplained infertility, endometriosis...

Need I go on?

And the most startling thing to me was that the treatment for some of these issues was to take an immuno-suppressant called Predisone.

Which I took in large doses from the age of 16 to deal with severe asthma attacks.

Lets see...take an immuno-suppressant at puberty in large doses, already have a genetic predisposition to immune-related disease, be diagnosed with an auto-immune disease 4 years later, develop ovarian cysts and endometriosis(immuno-dependant) WHILE TAKING THE BCP THAT IS SUPPOSED TO PREVENT THEM, develop severe PMS, get pregnant and have a miscarriage at 6 weeks, be unable to conceive following miscarriage.

The Fundamental Interconnectedness Of All Things kinda points to one conclusion, does it not???

We have an appointment with our (secondary) GP tomorrow. A referral to a Reproductive Endocrinologist will be insisted upon. I will even threaten and cry and mention I have PMDD which will reduce a murder charge if I have to!

I'm hormonal! Dont fuck with me!

0 offerings of bamboo:

Post a Comment

Comments make blogging a conversation, rather than mere self-indulgent navel-gazing. Look at that big empty space down there...just waiting for your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...