Friday, June 24, 2005

Crisis Over. Getting tough with the olds about to begin...

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to all of you for your thoughts and prayers, and those of you who sent email or left comments or kept a lookout in your travels or sent good vibes out to the universe.

Dad was found by the cops after 24 hours. We have no real idea of what happened except that he called the Automobile Association out in the northern suburbs, miles from home, some time yesterday and they towed him to a garage near his home and contacted the police. Seems he put diesel in the car instead of petrol, which is lucky because he probably would have kept driving up the main road and across the state if he hadnt.

Dad doesnt know what all the fuss is about because he thinks he spent last night in his own bed.

So, we're all very very relieved that he's not in a gully in the hills somewhere, and obviously he's not getting the keys to his car back. He doesnt understand why, of course. And he will now get the assessment I've been pushing for for the last two years.

I'm exhausted both physically and emotionally. I mean, I freak out if one of my kitties goes missing.

I cannot believe how far the message travelled across the net yesterday. People emailed work colleagues, family friends, friends in our state from interstate. I think I managed to reach more people with a couple of well-placed messages than the news broadcast would have. Rockin.

I "heart" the internet!

Just to cap of my fabulous week in an even more fabulous way, I have another fanny probe today. Woohoo.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your dad is safe and sound. Does he have someone living with him? He needs supervision.

    Funny how we become the parent, our parents the children...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good news. Glad to hear he's safe and home and will hopefully get the care you have been advocating for.

    Good luck with your bum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:46 am

    Thank God. I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:08 pm

    Thank god.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make blogging a conversation, rather than mere self-indulgent navel-gazing. Look at that big empty space down there...just waiting for your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...